The New 2020 Model Year Mitsubishi ASX was shown for the first time at the 89th Geneva International Motor Show held in March this year.
Since its introduction in 2009, the ASX has sold around 1.32 million units overall in 90 countries making it the third-highest selling vehicle offered by Mitsubishi Motors.
The exterior design for the 2020 Model Year has undergone a major overhaul under a design philosophy of “robust & ingenious,” which serves as an expression of Mitsubishi's tagline “Drive your Ambition.” and we expect to see the vehicle arrive in our showrooms by September 2019.
The ASX will be powered by a 2.0L 16-valve engine mated to either a five-speed manual transmission, or the CVT Automatic with 6-speed Sports Mode. Both two and four-wheel-drive versions will be available from launch. The ASX will also delivers reassurance and safety, with features including the RISE impact safety body and a Forward Collision Mitigation (FCM) braking system.
Main changes compared to 2019 Model Year
1. Major design change
- Concept - The design concept is ”Impact and Impulse.” As well as signature Mitsubishi toughness, the refined and original design projects a strong image, inviting drivers to follow their impulses and take on new challenges.
- Front view - The new ASX brings an evolution in Mitsubishi’s DYNAMIC SHIELD front design concept. The bumper embraces the central protective shape from both sides and the squared horizontal and vertical line treatment of the grille and the skid plate under the bumper expresses strength and toughness. The new styling makes the bonnet deeper, adding to the presence projected by the front end. And the distinctive LED lighting layout, which locates the turn signals and fog lamps at the ends of the bumper, stamps a Mitsubishi brand look on the front end.
- Rear view - The ASX uses LED rear combination lamps (except turn signals) in a sharp-looking design that stretches across the width of the car and accentuates the wide stance. The skid plate styling of the underside of the bumper projects a look of strength.
- Colour - The ASX is now available in vivid, intensely brilliant Red Diamond, sporty and energetic Sunshine Orange, and sleek, refined Oak Brown.
2. Improvements to Smartphone-link Display Audio (SDA), which is the ability to display smartphone apps on the main display screen
The SDA has been improved, and now offers more advanced connectability.
- The size of the display has been increased from seven to eight inches. Videos stored on USB memory sticks can also now be viewed on the SDA screen.
- Top trim level models will come equipped with a Tom Tom navigation system. Real-time traffic information will be accessed by connecting to the internet using a smartphone.
- Available at launch will be an app that utilizes speedometer, odometer, warning lamp and other vehicle information. The app will check fuel remaining and provide navigation to the nearest fuel stations, and will provide guidance on optimum maintenance and inspection intervals.
Register your interest at https://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/innovation/new-asx/ so that we can send you all the up-to-date information as it's released or simply pop into the showroom, it would be lovely to speak to you.